Holiday Shopping & Safety Tips
December 11, 2019 | Sarah Robinson, Marketing Director
The holidays are the merriest time of the year, with shopping, fun and holiday parties. As you head out to do your holiday shopping this year, please keep the following shopping and safety tips in mind.
- Holiday sales begin earlier and earlier each year! Focus on getting your shopping finished in early December, as prices usually go up in stores the week before Christmas.
- Pre-plan your shopping list before heading to the shopping center
- Shop early in the A.M.! Be sure to check for extended shopping hours and beat the rush by doing your shopping earlier in the day, or later at night.
- Wear comfortable shoes, and remember to hydrate and grab a snack to keep up your shopping energy.
- Check for deals online and learn about special offers and giveaways available at stores.
- When you arrive at the shopping center, please make note of your parking location and remember to lock your car. Place all valuables in compartments and out of sight. When you return to your car, make sure no one is loitering near your car and have your keys already in hand. Lock your car doors as soon as you get inside.
- If you’re shopping with friends or family, prearrange a place and time to meet.
- Don’t leave packages or other personal property unattended while out shopping.
- Teach your children their full name, as well as yours, and never leave them unattended. It also helps to carry a current photo of your child with you. If you become separated from your child, contact mall security immediately for assistance.
- Guard your handbag, wallet and credit cards… don’t flash your cash!
- Always be aware of your surroundings, and never hesitate to ask for assistance.
Happy Shopping and Be Safe!
Wishing you the Happiest of Holidays, from Jefferson Mall!