Tips for Making the Most of Your Chamber Membership
October 16, 2019 | Jeffersontown Chamber
TIPS FOR MAKING THE MOST OF YOUR CHAMBER MEMBERSHIP
We continue to strive to be an essential resource for members to connect, and help them build and grow both professionally and personally. It is through this service that we want to provide a value to Chamber members, and these tips and benefits will do just that!
- THINK “BUY CHAMBER FIRST” ?
Whenever you need a product or service Think “Buy Chamber First”! Take a moment to visit the online Membership Directory, and give a fellow member the opportunity to do business with you. Let them know you are a Chamber member and they may offer you a special discount or benefit. Then remember to refer fellow Chamber member businesses to your business colleagues, friends and family.
- JOIN A COMMITTEE ?
It is a great way to meet people, build relationships and support professional development. If you are interested in a leadership role joining a committee is a great first step to applying for a seat on the Board of Directors.
- ENHANCE YOUR LISTING IN THE MEMBERSHIP DIRECTORY ?
The directory is the central point of connecting and doing business with fellow members. Make it easier for someone to find your business, or make your listing pop with simple directory enhancements. Some of the enhancements include ad words (keywords that will pull your listing into a search), logo recognition and the ability to add video content. If you have a special offer, the staff can add the information to your directory listing.
- ADVERTISE ?
Your Chamber offers cost-effective opportunities for members to improve top of mind awareness with other members. The exposure your company will receive is priceless. Advertise in the weekly e-newsletter by purchasing a very affordable, effective Member Mention. Utilize our social media audience to gain exposure. Send your special event announcements and/or special offers to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will post your info to our social media channels at No Cost. Also, join our Jeffersontown Chamber Members Group on Facebook and post about your business news and happenings.
- WRITE A BLOG POST ?
Share your business expertise with Chamber members by writing an article. Member blog posts are featured in our weekly e-newsletter for two weeks with a link to your business. The blogs remain on the Chamber website blog page.
- ATTEND THE EVENTS ?
Networking is the way to get to know your fellow Chamber members and develop relationships within the organization – people do business with people they know and trust. Your Chamber hosts over 70 events a year! And we have morning, lunchtime and evening events to choose from.
- SPONSOR AN EVENT ?
Sponsoring a Chamber event is a great opportunity to put your company’s name in front of the Chamber membership. Opportunities start at only $100—a price, and exposure you can’t beat!
- APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP ?
Your Chamber is proud to offer scholarship opportunities for adult learners seeking a degree or GED. All employees at your organization are eligible to apply for these annual scholarships.
- UTILIZE YOUR BENEFITS ?
The savings from programs offered with your membership will stretch your annual investment.
- Special offers from members! Ruth’s Chris, Kentucky Speedway & More!
- Chamber discount programs that could save you and your business money! Office Depot, American Express and more!
- Plus an added benefit for you and your family to take advantage of! Our Members Only – United Healthcare J Plan offers quality health, dental and vision insurance.
- GET INVOLVED ?
The key to success is involvement! Simply joining the Chamber will not grow your business. The more effort you give, the more you will get out of your membership. Here are some added tips to get involved:
- Call and follow up with the contacts you made at an event, and make an appointment to meet for coffee or lunch to see if you can do business together or refer each other to business associates.
- Attend a committee meeting to get to know people. Then, when you attend a larger event, those people can introduce you to their contacts and you can work your way around the room.
- Next time you attend a Chamber meeting or event, sit with people you don’t know.
If you are interested in taking advantage of these membership offerings please contact The Chamber at 502-267-1674 and a staff member can help you get the ball rolling to maximizing your membership today!